Company ProfileRainDance Technologies is pioneering digital biology and powering ground-breaking human health and life science research with its novel droplet-based PCR technologies. The power, precision and simplicity of picodroplets enable researchers to answer complex questions with unprecedented sensitivity and quantitation. The complete RainDance solution includes automated instrumentation, customizable bioinformatics and high-value consumables and reagents for applications including targeted next-generation DNA sequencing, methylation, digital PCR and single cell analysis.
Based in Massachusetts, the company supports scientists around the world through its international sales and support operations and a global network of distributors and service providers.
For more information please visit www.RainDanceTech.com. Learn More
The RainDrop™ Digital PCR System
Capable of generating more than a billion reactions in a single day, the new RainDrop™ Digital PCR System from RainDance Technologies establishes a new performance standard in sensitivity, quantitation, and multiplexing. Based on RainDance’s proven picodroplet PCR platform, the RainDrop System transforms the performance of molecular assays by enabling digital answers across a number of applications including low-frequency tumor allele detection, gene expression, copy number variation, and SNP measurement.
The RainDrop™ Advantages
- Superior sensitivity: Detect 1 mutant amongst 250,000 wild-type molecules with a lower limit of detection of 1 in more than 1,000,000.
- Unprecedented multiplexing: Conduct up to 10 tests or more on the same sample using the single molecule multi-color detection technique.
- Greater study design flexibility: Optimize number of PCR reactions based on your sensitivity AND multiplex requirements.
- Closed-tube design: Ensure highest quality by eliminating contamination or carryover. Automated filling of PCR tubes with emulsion avoids possible losses with manual pipetting techniques.
- Proven picodroplet technology platform: Leverage a decade of experience with the same core technology found in RainDance’s Targeted Sequencing Systems.
- Lowest cost per data point: Generate true digital answers with orders of magnitude more data per dollar.
- Open platform: The system’s open platform allows you to use your own reagents.
RainDrop ContentAccess the RainDrop product brief, latest press releases and peer-reviewed publications from scientists around the world who are using the technology to advance human health and disease research.
RainDrop Digital PCR ApplicationsFind out how the RainDrop System is enabling digital answers across a number of important applications including low-frequency tumor allele detection, gene expression, copy number variation, and SNP measurement.
RainDance Digital PCR Customer Profiles
Digital PCR Posters
RainDance’s Targeted Sequencing Solution
- 99% Coverage
- Automated Workflow
- 3X's Less Sequencing Costs
Key FeaturesFully automated high-throughput targeted sequencing system
- 1 to 96 samples per run
Extremely Versatile with Random Access
- Ability to screen 96 samples against 8 different gene panels
Compatible with all NGS platforms
- Illumina’s HiSeq™ and MiSeq™
- Ion Torrent’s PGM™
- Life’s 5500 SOLiD™
- PacBio’s RS
- Roche’s GS FLX™ and GS Junior™ Systems
Broad range of applications: GWAS follow up, medical genetics, somatic mutation analysis, epigenetics
Low cost per sample: high-volume chips manufactured by Sony DADC, elimination of sequencing library costs
Highest quality data: proven RainDance sequence coverage and uniformityLearn More